Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Oh, right - this blog exists

Actually, I've just been too busy/tired to update, but I forgot that I had some delicious images just waiting to be uploaded, so let's look at them! These are all sketches I drew while at the Renewal show - after I ran out of business cards and things started to wind down, I thought I could pass out sketches as momentos. But I wound up liking them so much that I kept them instead.

(I also did them because I drew sketches at my last solo show, and I wanted to keep the tradition alive.)



I'd forgotten how much fun it was to just grab a sharpie and dive in. I've actually done a lot more straight sharpie drawings since the show. Hooray for inspiration!



Cobras are always awesome.



I was doing okay with the bottom half, then I apparently forgot what a giraffe's head looks like.



I had another drawing of a flaming eyeball, but I gave it to a (very) friendly drunk girl who wanted it. I had tried to give her this drawing of a pissed-off flower, but she said it gave her bad memories of the pirahna plants from Super Mario 64, which was a sensitive issue that she "didn't even want to get into right now."



I've had a thing for squids since I was in middle school. By which I mean, tentacles are fun to draw.



I had an audience for this one. I looked up from drawing the top fin to see a young man staring down at my drawing. "Sorry." he said.
Why do people feel the need to apologize for watching an artist work? I was drawing in the middle of a giant crowd. I don't mind if you stare, dude. Actually, it's kind of flattering.



Bad ass. I didn't even know I had this drawing in me.



Bats are also always awesome. But this one seems to have a complex or something.

And now that I think about it, do bats have eyebrows? I'm pretty sure they don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment