Friday, April 8, 2011

What is this?



This is the artistic equivalent of writing "don't drink this" on a can of coke in the office fridge. Basically, my dad bought a piece of furniture that came with this awesome giant styrofoam insert, and I painted it green so he wouldn't throw it out. It is mine now, per the laws of the jungle.

By the way, you can see my favorite technique for painting large areas in this photo - stuffing my hand in a plastic bag to smear the paint around. I find that brushes just get in the way sometimes. The human hand is the most versatile tool ever created (barring the Swiss army dildo knife). Bob Ross used to paint the sun in his landscapes by putting a dab of yellow on the canvas and swirling it with his thumb. My professors in college looked at me funny whenever I started fingerpainting with oils or acrylics, but I passed those classes so nanny-nanny-boo-boo.


Oh yeah, and two of my artish works got accepted in the local Renewal art show. If you are near Norfolk on the 22nd, you could potentially see actual light reflected off of them back into your eyeballs. According to their official website, the address of the exhibit is The Bakery at 26th Street, 2501 Fawn Ave, Norfolk VA 23501.
However, according to my GPS, Fawn Ave does not exist - but Fawn Street does.

It is an adventure. Artventure. Good luck finding it, I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment