Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hi Eric

I'm updating my blog so you have something to distract you from your boring life. Feel special now?

God, blogging is such a chore. The last thing I want to do at the end of the day is sit down and tell the internet how my day was. It reminds me of those family photos my mom would make us pose for at theme parks.
"Alright, everybody - stop having actual fun and come here and pretend to have fun for the camera!"
At least it leaves a record of the things I've done. Otherwise the days all blur together and I forget how awesome I am.

So, a few days ago, I met with a group of comic writers/artists I found out about on Craigslist. And I didn't get murdered or nothing!
Mostly I doodled in my sketchpad, which is considered rude and antisocial in any other setting, but everyone else there had sketchpads too. So we could be antisocial together. It was like the internet, but with people.



These are some columns in the food court where our meeting was held. Tres exclusive. See - it was so exclusive, I had to use french words to describe it.



A squid. I like drawing squids because tentacles can go wherever. You don't have to plan your drawing in advance. I'm lazy.

The meeting was mostly just fooling around and BSing about our art techniques. But they are talking about putting together an anthology, which would be cool if it actually happened. Details seemed vague at this point. But we did manage to create 2 collaborative comics while the "professionals" in the group showed off their ipads and tablets and things that poor people like me don't have.



I provided the punchline for this one! They all seemed to like it.



This one is about a drop of urine for some reason. I claim no responsibility.

They're supposed to be having another meeting soon, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with Norfolk traffic/construction to attend. Plus I have to plan my trip to Richmond to sleep with Eric's girlfriend on Eric's couch. I want to actually post some work on some online art sites first so I can finally fail and give up on this crazy art thing once and for all. Also I'm seeing Iron Man 2 tomorrow.

So... there's that. God I'm so exciting I could piss myself.

1 comment: