Friday, December 3, 2010

Flickr is for D-Bags and Commies

Just a short post to vent.

So I've been posting stock photography on 3 sites: deviantart.com, picasa, and flickr.

Deviantart is supergreat, but I've known that for years. The only annoying thing they do is occasionally shunt one of your photos into your 'scraps' section if they consider it too blurry for stock.

Picasa is okay. Except their interface for uploading photos is glitchy and annoying. And they have a 'total upload cap' meaning I can't upload to my account anymore. I guess I'll just start a new account if I feel like it. No biggie.

Flickr has a monthly upload cap. Which means that, to upload all the photos I've already uploaded to Picasa, I'd have to wait about 3 more months. Which is a pain, but it's a free account, so I can deal.


BUT
Today I find out that they only show your most recent 200 photos (if you have a free account). Then I click the link that explains this policy, and it takes me to their little legal 'f*** you, you cheap ****' page where it also says that a free account that remains inactive for over 90 days can be deleted at anytime.

Why would I keep posting stock if flickr is only going to show the 200 most recent pics? But I guess I'd have to upload SOMETHING every 90 days, just to make sure all my pics don't get deleted by some automated flickr drone. Well, **** that.


I know they're a business, but picasa and deviantart don't arbitrarily delete accounts. So I'm going to stick with them.

My picasa stock page: http://picasaweb.google.com/118207523053741040189/Stock1#

4 comments:

  1. I like the first two birds, the fire on the street, and the triple x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the triple x.
    And I like how people will misinterpret that statement, since they will be reading out of context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah I thought about that too especially since I'd never want to do it there

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA I just realized...I think I misinterpreted your response the first time!! This version is much funnier now.

    ReplyDelete