Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Stop: Casa de Awesome

I don't think I've mentioned it on this blog before , which proves how much I suck at blogging, but I've been working on a special project. So, uh, surprise!



It's a white trash gallery! I set up some wire loops inside my car so I can hang up paintings whenever I park.



Whoa, how'd that picture get in there? Moving on.



The very first place I took my traveling exhibit was the home of my fellow art conspirator, Mallory. (*cough* http://ThatsWhatSheSaidArt.com *cough*)

She was so pleased, she let me take another cheesy photo with her:



From left: me, signified, signifier. If you don't get that joke, don't worry. It means you didn't lose your soul a semester of your life to Art Crit.

What's that, voice in my head? You want to see a closeup of the piece I gave Mallory for our art trade? Well, here you go:



(caption unnecessary due to awesomeness)



And here's a sooper secret sneak peak at my first rough draft of the piece.
I still like the idea of overlaying text right on someone's face. Very graphic designy. Designery.

It looks pretty.



In return for my piece, I requested a collage of Jesus playing croquet with Darwin and a monkey. I am whimsical.
Also: this thing looks so much better in real life. Not trying to make you jealous or anything. Just sayin'.

We hung out and chatted for a long time. Well, by my standards. It was energizing to talk to someone who has, like, goals and stuff. And actively tries to reach said goals. I was actually inspired to work on my own stuff afterwards.
...to a point.

Oh, and I asked her if she'd be willing to pose for a photo comic I vaguely had an intention of doing. Crap, now I've said it out loud.
Now I actually have to do it.

Oh yeah, and here are some closeups of two of my traveling exhibit pieces, if my Museum on Wheels fails to invade your locale:



At first, I thought I made this chick look too much like a dude. But then I painted some more and I think it's okay. Not that it wouldn't be okay if I left it all ambiguous. That'd be cool too.



This is an octopus. Its gender is undefined.
I experimented with gesso on the background, and now I am hooked.
Thanks, Mallory. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment